The lab is heavily used for research, but also for basic education (master of software engineering, HCI design, service design) and education by research at the PhD level. The lab offers a unique environment for supporting projects in a wide range of courses in computer science, software engineering, design science research and design thinking as well as organizational and consumer behaviors research.
Courses are about a wide range of topics in the fields of empirical software engineering, HCI and user research as well as design science, such as:
– Sustainability, privacy and usable security by design
– Usability testing and measurement
– User experience design
– Design Thinking applied to HCI and Software Engineering
– Gamification and gamified design
– Open innovation and design in software engineering
– Human data interaction
– HCI design patterns and pattern-oriented design
– Service design and innovation
The lab is used by local and international students and partners involved in projects such as the Erasmus+ program PwDs@Phd that consists to develop a multi-institutions, multi-disciplinary and multi-countries program for skilling PhDs in the core areas of software engineering including design.